Weight Loss Tips: A Step-by-Step MindMap

weight loss tips

I decided it was about time to draw out a map of what I tell my clients when it comes to weight loss.

This is a nice 50,000 foot overview of what you need to do, step-by-step when it comes to burning that fat. This drawing you see above is called a mind map. It’s a visual way of thinking out a process.

When I think of trying to explain all the aspects of weight loss to a client, these are things we talk about over a period of weeks.

Click Here to see the full color version of the Weight Loss Tips MindMap

PS - The site is still a bit new, I’m fixing a few things. You’ll find the legend on the map that explains the symbols. You’ll get linked to articles about a particular subject that you see that will further explain an item on the weight loss mind map.

PPS - Your comments are most appreciated. I would love to hear back from you.

If you enjoyed this article, get email updates (it's free).

20 Responses to "Weight Loss Tips: A Step-by-Step MindMap"

1. SaSh:
    June 18, 2008 01:49 pm

Wow, I’m very impressed..Using a map like this gives a very good view of the total action plan. Thumbs up!

2. Jerry Stearns:
    June 18, 2008 09:07 pm

Great illustration Marc!

It seems that you have put together enough stuff in this overview covering all the aspects.

Thanks for sharing.

3. George Yeo:
    November 20, 2008 09:57 am

Wow, that was an awesome mindmap. I thought it was complicating from the screenshot above until I visited your site. Comprehensive and simple to understand. Is there one for gaining muscles as well? Somewhat similar?

4. Marc David:
    November 20, 2008 10:06 am

@George – Thank you. The one for gaining muscle is similar. It's just a matter of being in a slight calorie surplus. Many times the nutrition change alone is enough to switch between burning fat and building muscle. The workouts in many cases are the same (except for lifting super heavy on a calorie deficit is a bit hard). But yes, very similar. Extremely similar. Mostly nutritional manipulation.

5. George Yeo:
    December 13, 2008 10:42 pm

Hey Marc, thanks for the reply! Good work once again! Erm, where can I find the link to the one on muscle building?

6. diet:
    January 09, 2009 03:34 pm

Hello, for a long time I read your blog, thanks for that that write interesting and
    useful posts.I consider that blogers it is possible to name many journalists.

Good luck

7. Exercise Lose Weight:
    January 18, 2009 12:39 am

I've used mindmaps for my business before, but never for weight loss. Great idea – I'll try it out and report back on my results.

8. Lose 10 pounds in a month:
    June 01, 2009 12:55 am

Thank you for the information. I liked it

Raja

9. Best Weight Loss Pills:
    August 19, 2009 06:24 am

great tips, these tips are really mind blowing and helpful, thanks for these tips,,,,,,

10. jfly09:
    September 05, 2009 07:43 pm

Awesome Thanks!!!

11. Free Acai Berries:
    September 14, 2009 07:53 pm

Great! your mind map is cool, thanks for sharing

12. faraimpresii:
    October 09, 2009 02:05 am

I'm looking forward to implement Disqus on my websites too although some people complain about it. From my point of view it makes commenting a lot more easier (but indeed a bit less SEO friendly bcz of Javascript and no more trackbacks for example). Nice to see that so many people are open to new technology to say the least. My blog slabire could use a bit of tuning.

13. Jason:
    October 11, 2009 12:59 pm

Having a plan always leads to higher success rates. Great work

14. gachies:
    October 24, 2009 03:18 am

You look great now…I also thought about posting a shot of myself…but will wait, because now I

realize that my weight and stress of it has caused a medical condition I have to take care of…you

have been inspiring to me with the post and all!

Beauty Solutions

15. petershaml:
    November 08, 2009 02:54 pm

Wow, this is amazing MindMap you shared. Did you create it yourself? Thanks for sharing anyways!

16. jgundarova:
    November 08, 2009 02:56 pm

That is definitely an amazing MindMap you made! Thanks for sharing!

17. Marc David:
    November 08, 2009 02:58 pm

I used MindMap software and basically went thru a step by step process of what it would take for weight loss. The same plan could easily be used for weight gain. It covers everything from mental, nutritional, supplementation and training. One a single page you can get a really good overview of what it will take to achieve your goals. I'm really glad you liked it.

18. Jessica Connors:
    June 09, 2010 03:51 pm

Wow! I', simply amazed by your insight. Sure is useful and I have a similar thought about it too. Good job.

19. Diet to lose fat:
    January 27, 2011 06:41 am

nice article with full of energiezing power. impressively written.

20. How to Lose Weight Fast:
    June 07, 2011 05:18 pm

Great and inspiring article. Thank you.

Leave a NO BULL Comment with Facebook