Delicious Blueberry Oatmeal Recipe
If you think oatmeal is boring, plain or you have to be a “hardcore” bodybuilder and eat them raw with just water … WRONG!
If you think McDonald’s Oatmeal is the way to go … WRONG!
What you are about to read is by far the easiest, cheapest, healthy, oatmeal recipe I’ve tried in a decade. You can find more bodybuilding recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
My “buddy” (whom I’ve never meet in my life but am friends with on Facebook; nice usage of the word huh) Dave Ruhl and author of the Anabolic Cooking book did it again with his Blueberry Oatmeal recipe.
Before I start into how awesome this blueberry oatmeal breakfast tasted and that you can literally make it anytime (breakfast, snack, dinner, whatever) let me give you a super short list of the benefits of eating oatmeal. Keep in mind, it is really called Vanilla Cream Oatmeal but I always seemed to add some fruit to it; hence the slight name change.
- Lowers the risk of developing heart disease
- Promotes satiety or the feeling of being full
- Promising research with Type 2 Diabetes
- Assists in regularity (25g of fiber daily is recommended)
- May reduce risks to certain types of cancer
- Blood pressure regulation (in diets that include rich amounts of fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and plenty of whole grains)
Here’s how to make the Vanilla Cream Oatmeal recipe from page 16 of Anabolic Cooking.
Vanilla Cream Oatmeal:
Makes 1 Serving
• 1 cup oatmeal
• 1cup Skim Milk
• 1 scoop (30g) of Vanilla Protein Powder
• 1/2 teaspoon of Stevia
• Pinch of Cinnamon
1. In a big bowl, mix all the ingredients (except for the Protein Powder)
2. Cook in a Microwave for about 1 minute – stir the mix , then microwave for
another 1 minute.
3. Let the oatmeal cool down for about 3 minutes
4. Add the vanilla Protein Powder
You can add 1/ 2 cup of berries (your choice of berries) to add extra flavour.
• Calories: 531
• Protein: 45g
• Carbohydrates: 73g
• Fat: 6g
So no more oatmeal in water or plain. I mean, if that’s what you like fine. But if you are looking for something different. Something with taste that meets the criteria of a bodybuilding meal, then you’ve found your next breakfast.
- Marc David
PS: The Anabolic Cooking features over 200 “Anabolicious” step-by-step, easy to make recipes, so you will never be bored with your diet again.You will become a chef in no time, and will keep your family and friends healthy along the way.
You will learn how to cook tasty meals for your muscle building and fitness goals no matter what they may be. You will learn every aspect of cooking for healthy living and reaching physique goals.
And it’s more than just a cookbook, “Anabolic Cooking” is a complete nutrition guide full of Cooking tricks, Nutritional Tips and Dieting Strategies…And it’s more than just a cookbook, “Anabolic Cooking” is a complete nutrition guide full of Cooking tricks, Nutritional Tips and Dieting Strategies…
Now go make some blueberry oatmeal!