6 Comments
  1. stef
    Aug 22 - 1:21 am

That was the easiest way I’ve ever heard to calculate how many calories I need each day, and how many I need to lose a few pounds! Thanks

2. Roman Moro
    Jul 08 - 10:23 pm

great advice, thank you.

3. Tiffanyluongg
    Mar 04 - 1:57 am

very easy to understand

4. Anonymous
    Sep 19 - 1:48 pm

When he wrote “my current weight with my current activities.” sort of threw a very ambiguous element into the equation.  I wish he would have given and example of his “current activities”, for example is his exercise routine light, medium, or heavy, what sort of weight training does he do, etc etc etc. Maybe not list anything too complicated but lacking this data doesn’t help us understand this equation as it left something important out. I still would like to thank him/you for posting the above information as I did find it very helpful.

5. Rodrigo
    Aug 11 - 5:42 pm

I don’t understand how 500 calories is the excess we need to reach our goals.

In another page (https://bodybuildingsecretslive.com/natural-bodybuilding/weight-gain-tips-you-should-never-follow/), you say one needs to eat 5-6 meals a day, even more, to put on lean mass. Before bodybuilding, someone who has the normal 3 meals a day will be taking about the maintenance amount of calories (say, 2500 to 3000 calories a day). Doubling the number of meals is bound to about double that to around 5000, *not* add 500 calories like you are suggesting on this page. So the two pages seem contradictory to me. Can you clarify?

Thanks,

Rodrigo

• Marc
      Aug 12 - 2:37 pm

Just as a guideline.. not a hard and fast rule.. that’s 500 calories per DAY. Not per meal. So if you end up having multiple smaller meals a day, you just add a few hundred calories and at the end of the day, you are slightly above what you need. If you choose to do 2-3 meals, then you’ll add a couple hundred. Overall, it’s important to monitor your progress vs. your activity so you can adjust as necessary. For all you know, 100 is enough for you to start making progress. Maybe 1000. The number is just a starting point but in no way set in stone.