Protein Oatmeal with a dash of pumpkin flavor!
If you need something different to make as a snack or breakfast, this protein oatmeal will fit the bill. It’s quick and easy to make.
This is post by NoBull Author, Mike Boyle
Protein Oatmeal Ingredients:
- 1c. Old fashioned oats (can use any kind of oats)
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein
- 1/4c. raw pumpkin
- 1tbsp splenda
- 1/2tsp cinnamon (can add more if you like)
- dash of nutmeg
How to Make Pumpkin Oatein:
- Cook oats on stove top. Follow instructions on your oatmeal container
- When oats are done add in pumpkin and mix together.
- Once pumpkin is mix together well add in all dry ingredients (whey, cinnamon, splenda and nutmeg) and eat.
- For some healthy fats add a tbsp of Natural Peanut Butter on top like I like to do.
Nutritional Facts: (Per Serving)
- 425 calories
- 8g. Fats
- 59g. Carbs
- 33g. Protein
Protein Oatmeal for those Pumpkin Lovers!
I assume every bodybuilder eats protein oatmeal at some point throughout their life. Unless their like me and eat them at just about every meal. While I do love eating them with just some splenda and cinnamon, I do like a change from time to time. This is my version of a pumpkin protein oatmeal, better known as Pumpkin Oatein(I know very cleaver huh).
I always eat oatmeal with whey protein as my pre workout meal. I figured since I have been adding pumpkin to everything these days, I would give this a try. I was actually amazed how good this really was. It has been a great addition to my pre workout meal.
A 1/4c. of raw pumpkin is only about 20 calories and about 5 carbs. So your adding great flavor to your oatmeal without adding a ton of calories. If your looking for a nice change to your morning oats or your pre workout meal like me. I high recommend giving this quick protein oatmeal a try.