This is post by NoBull Author, Mike Boyle
- 2lbs chicken breast
- 1 green bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 1 large onion (thinly sliced)
- 1tbsp chili powder
- 1tsp cumin
- 1/2tsp garlic powder
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1/4c water
Crock pot or Slow cooker
1. Add 1/4c of water, green,red pepper and onion to slow cooker
2. In small bowl add olive oil and all seasonings and mix together until paste like.
3. Spread paste onto chicken breasts, add chicken to slow cooker and put lid on.
4. Cook on low for 8-9 hrs or 4-5 hrs on high.
5. When chicken is cooked through shred and add to a whole wheat tortilla or over rice with vegetables.
Nutritional Facts (Per Serving)
- 140 Calories
- 4g. Fats
- 3g. Carbs
- 24g. Protein
I’m a huge fan of chicken fajitas, in fact I’m a fan of anything fajita! Chicken, beef, and shrimp; their all favorites of mine. I could eat them everyday. Actually, I always make enough so I have leftovers. I usually eat them on a low carb whole wheat tortilla shell but their just as good on top of some rice.
If your like me and your a fan of one pot meals, your going to love this recipe. By using a slow cooker or crock pot you have the abililty to make a lot of food without alot of clean up; you can’t beat that. I try to prepare all my meals about 3-4 days in advice so I’m less likely to miss a meal. Using a slow cooker helps in my prep.
Like most of my recipes you dont have to be a professional chef to make them. Besides slicing up some peppers and onions, theres not much to this. Just a small amount of prep and your done. Throw everything into the slow cooker turn it on and walk away. This also gives you the freedom to go about your day. You dont have to worry about cooking anything, it does it all for you.
So if your looking for a great way to spice up that bland piece of chicken give this healthy recipe for chicken fajitas a try. You wont be disappointed. There lots of other baked chicken breast recipes I’ve added to this site.