This is post by NoBull Author, Mike Boyle
- 1lb skinless chicken breast (diced)
- 1 bag frozen stir-fry vegetables (your choice)
- 1/8 cup natural peanut butter
- 1tbsp lite soy sauce
- 3tbsp water
- 1/4tsp garlic powder
- 1/4tsp ground ginger
- In a small bowl mix peanut butter, soy sauce, water, garlic powder and ground ginger together.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add chicken and cook until no longer pink inside. About 10 minutes
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside. Add stir-fry vegetables to hot skillet and cook until no longer frozen and cooked through.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet and add in peanut sauce mixture
- Cook until sauce thickens about 3-5 minutes.
*Serve over your favorite rice.
Nutritional Facts: (Per Serving)
- 2oo Calories
- 7g Fat
- 9g carbs
- 28g Protein
Chicken, veggies and rice with a peanut butter sauce, oh my! Very quick, easy, and very tasty. I decided to go with the frozen veggies in this recipe just to help speed it up a bit. By all means if you want to use fresh, go ahead. I usually just use the green, red peppers and onions mix. You can use whatever kind you like the best.
We have been eating this at least once a week anymore. It doesn’t help that both of us are peanut butter junkies and I do mean junkies. We have even made these without the stir-fry veggies and wrapped them in Boston lettuce, which is also excellent. You could even experiment a bit and try them over pasta too, which I’m sure would be great.
The biggest problem I’ve found with this recipe is, that’s its so good you cant help to think your eating something bad for you. Which isn’t the case here. Just make sure you use Natural Peanut Butter not regular peanut butter. I highly recommend this quick, tasty and very healthy stir-fry recipe.
If this isn’t up your alley, take a look at some other baked chicken breast recipes.